We believe in the potential of Denver Public Schools students. We believe they deserve the chance to attend and get a postsecondary degree, and we've put in place the tools and resources they need to make it possible. From high school Future Centers, to Scholarships to on-campus support that extends through students' postsecondary education. Our mission is to not just get students into college. It is to see them through to graduation.
In just a few short years, the facts demonstrate the truly transformative impact of our services and the promise of our scholarship:
- Our Future Centers have served more than 25,000 DPS students, helping them make plans to attend college or technical schools.
- The number of DPS graduates enrolling in college has increased by 30 percent since DSF's founding in 2006.
- Since the fall of 2007, we have awarded $17 million in scholarships to help 3,300 DPS graduates go to college in Colorado.
- About 75 percent of our scholars will be among the first generation in their family to graduate from college.
- Out of all DSF Scholars since 2007, 81 percent are either still in school or have completed their program.
Read about a few of our scholarship recipients who are working hard to achieve their college goals.
We work closely with DPS high schools and our partner colleges in Colorado to help students succeed.